11.04.2010

‎"When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight."

~Kahlil Gibran



It's been a tough last couple weeks..
Losing a loved one is always difficult, but losing two dear grandparents close to each other is heart wrenching. I have so many wonderful memories that will sustain me, but their smiles, laughter, and stories will be missed so much.
I was so fortunate to have close relationships with my grandparents. I often had sleepovers, went on shopping dates, and enjoyed visiting with them. They had so many adventures to tell me about. The stories never got old, and to be honest, I don't think I heard the same one more than once, ever.
Our bond was special and unique. It's hard to imagine that I will not have any of my grandparents attend my upcoming wedding. However, I will forever treasure the last conversations I had with each of them which somehow shared that common theme.

Love them and miss them tremendously.

"Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know that they are happy."

-Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment