1.03.2012

SL Half Marathon Training!

Today was Day 2 of half marathon training for me. Thankfully, it's not bad at all since I've been running lots lately. The first couple weeks consist of short 3-4 mile runs during the week, some tempo runs, and slightly longer weekend runs. All in all, I'm loving getting an early start! Leaves more time for improvement and feeling confident for the big race day! The one downside though is the nasty, beyond nasty SLC air. I seriously think I am knocking a year off my life running in that muck. Ew. So, the treadmill and I are gonna become best of friends. Literally. Good thing I love running to "The Today Show" and "Ellen" hahaha.

Here is the training plan I'm following with Heather:


Instead of killing my lungs outside today, I opted for a 40 minute HIIT workout on the treadmill. Here's how it went:


Time MPH
0-5 5
5-7 6.5
7-9 6.7
9-11 6.9
11-13 6.7
13-15 6.5
15-20 5.5
20-22 6.5
22-24 6.7
24-26 6.9
26-28 6.7
28-30 6.5
30-31 5.5
31-32 7
32-33 5.5
33-34 7.5
34-35 5.5
35-36 7
36-37 5.5
37-38 7.5
38-39 5.5
39-40 8

I followed this with 100 alternating lunges and 100 squats (bodyweight). Burner.

And now to leave you with some motivation :)



1 comment:

  1. WAHOOO!!!! We are gonna rock! According to the train plan, today is my day off. I'm feeling anxious not being able to run for a day, but I know this will pay off in the end!
    Happy Running!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete