1.08.2012

1 Week Down, 11 To Go...


Today marks the completion of the first week of 1/2 Marathon training for the SL half. The week went well, I felt good during all my runs and enjoyed a rest day mid-week. I can tell there is going to be a big difference in my performance in this year's race compared to last year's...It's so nice to have a training plan to follow! After our little snow storm yesterday I was able to take a long run outside. It was definitely a run I enjoyed.. seeing everything covered in snow and being so bundled that the cold didn't phase me = perfect.


In addition to following the plan, I have decided that I am going to swim every Sunday for some cross training. I went today for the first time in about 8 years. I swam all growing up and throughout HS, but I loved going today for enjoyment rather than competition for a team. Here is what my workout looked like today:

200 yd. warm-up - freestyle
4 x (200 yd. kick/200 yd. pull) - freestyle
500 yd. swim - freestyle
Total: 2300 yds. = 1.3 miles

It felt so good to get back into it. I'm already super sore and can tell this will be a great total body workout to compliment all the running! I'll keep you posted on how it's going!




2 comments: